Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday, June 6, 2010
Waning Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Cloudy and cooler

I woke up very, very early and went out for a run. No creepy delivery guy. Nearly a half hour earlier than I usually run. Just ran into the milkman’s van –yes, there’s a place that delivers milk again! But that was not a problem.

Quite the busy weekend. Elsa was too sick to leave on Saturday, so I wound up covering the Belmont via live feed. That was positive because: A) I could be here to take care of Elsa; B) it was so hot and humid, I would have been awfully cranky at the track; C) A Very Famous someone I utterly loathe was there and a nasty confrontation would have ensued when I performed my civic duty by slapping the smirk of the smug little sociopath’s face had we been within a mile of each other.

On the negative side, my not being there meant I saw video rather than experiencing in person the Belmont win by my friend Mike Smith. I’m so proud of him and thrilled for him and all the rest. But I still congratulated him — we’ve been friends for a long time, and we’ve got each other’s backs, whether we’re in the same physical location or not. He also won races on the lovely filly Proviso and jumped aboard Tanda when her original jockey had to be taken to the hospital unexpectedly, bringing the horse to a third place spot. But, of course, the Belmont is a glorious achievement. He’s won a lot of Breeders’ Cup races, the Preakness, and the Derby. Now he’s also got that Belmont win. He’s a wonderful horseman and a great guy, and no one deserves it more.

It’s a rough road with Elsa. One of the medications that’s supposed to settle her stomach instead disagreed with her, so I stopped giving it to her, and just gave her the other one. Getting her to eat is hard. She’s interested in food, she WANTS to eat, but it seems to make her feel queasy again after a few bites. Of course, in the heat, NONE of them were eating much. I was in despair on Saturday, but Sunday morning, Elsa bypassed the baby food and ate actual cat food again. Not much, just a little, but it had substance and it stayed down. Today is cooler, so I’m hoping everyone eats more, and I’ve got another call in to the vet.

I got the second section of POWER OF WORDS out to my readers. I started Part III, the shoot of the mini-series, with the chapter at the Cape Cod location. I felt like I hadn’t gotten very far, but I actually wrote over 2K, so that’s not bad. I worked on my Belmont wrap up article, which I will finish, polish, and get to my editor today. Ran some errands, including trying to find some other supplements for Elsa and round up some more of that Earth’s Best organic baby food, just in case. Whole Foods (AKA Hole-in-the-Wallet-Foods) had some, and it was actually reasonably priced, but still not Elsa’s favorite chicken with brown rice. Seems it’s everyone’s favorite, and hard to find.

I have a lot to do today, and, if the vet decides Elsa has to come in again, that has to be factored in. I’m annoyed at the director of the play running — I told her what’s going on, and yet I’m getting badgered about when I’m coming to the show — although heaven forbid they comp me, per DG rules! I’ve warned them several times — do not nag me. I told them I would let them know as soon as I could. Ask me to do something once, I tell you when I’m going to do it, and that’s when it’s done. Nag me, and I dig in and won’t do it Period.


Published in: on June 7, 2010 at 4:55 am  Comments (3)  
Tags: , , ,


  1. Poor Elsa. Continued prayers and good vibes going out to you….

    Glad you didn’t have to deck anyone. 🙂

    Likewise – pester me and you get less than you bargained for.

  2. I feel so bad for Elsa, and for you. I hope the Vet can give her something else that will help. You’re a good kitty Mama to put her health first.
    Sending good thoughts your way.

  3. I hope Elsa is feeling a bit better by now.

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: